How to Manage Forms
The Forms feature in CocoSign allows you to manage your forms whether they are in progress or not. You can configure various options for your existing forms, including disabling, re-enabling or deleting a form, adding a form access code, setting up an expiration date, limiting the number of form responses, and avoiding duplicate submissions. You can also export responses from your clients, employees, etc. The step-by-step guide will help you navigate the processes.
Sometimes, say when you are running surveys or capturing insights through the form you share, you may want to export the results for more in-depth analysis. You can export all the response data for a particular form in a few clicks.
1. Simply go to the Forms section on your CocoSign dashboard, look for the form for which you want to export responses, and click the More button to the far right.
2. Select the Export responses action from the drop-down menu.
3. An Excel file containing the response data is now downloaded to your local system.
The Setting action enables you to configure certain options for a form after it is created — even if it is already in flight.
1. After you’ve located the form you would like to change the settings for, click the Setting action from the Actions drop-down.
2. In the window that pops up, you can change the following settings:
Form Name: You can enter a form name by clicking the Form name text box.
Valid until: Forever is the default option. If you want to set or reset an expiration date, click the Select date option, then choose a date when you'd like the form link to expire from the popup calendar.
Status: Enable or disable the form.
Email authentication: When enabled, the signer will need to confirm his/her identity by entering a verification code sent to the email address he or she supplies before accessing the form.
More settings: This gives you full control over your forms.
- If you click the Avoid duplicate submission checkbox option, CocoSign automatically prevents people from answering the form more than once.
- If you would like to set the maximum number of responses that your form should allow, check the Limit to *** responses option and edit the number (It is 500 by default).
- If you wish to redirect your recipients to a page, such as the payment page or knowledge base, after their submission, check the Redirect after sign option and add your URL to the text box.
Once done, click the Save button to save your settings.
Deactivate a form
There are cases where you need to stop receiving requests on a particular form. Under such circumstances, you may deactivate the form. One way to do this is by disabling the Status option on the Form Setting window like the above mentioned.
Alternatively, open the Forms page on your dashboard and select the Deactivate action from the More drop-down to the right of the form that you want to disable.
The status of the form will change to Inactive and the dedicated form URL won’t work anymore.
You can re-enable the form at any time, either by enabling the Status option on the Form Setting window or by clicking the More drop-down menu and selecting Activate.
Delete a form
When you no longer need a form, you can delete it.
To delete a particular form, Click Delete in the actions drop-down and hit the Delete button in the dialog box that appears to remove the form.
The form is now deleted permanently, and the link to the form will stop working.